Friday, January 4, 2019

Happy New Year 2019!

Happy New Year!  I hope that your year is off to a great start!!!  Yesterday, I heard on the radio that most New Year's Resolutions are broken in the first week of January.

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan." Carl von Clausewitz


Often our quest for perfection gets in the way of us just doing it.  Take a moment - think about it.

I find this definitely pertains to surfing.  Surfers dream of surf sessions with perfect waves.  We often go on the search and scout several breaks looking for that perfect wave.  If we don't see it, we move on to another spot and/or decide to come back later to see if the tide, wind, or swell changed and improved conditions.  One thing leads to another, and we don't get in the water that day.
surf kayak
Dreaming of perfect waves.
The reality is that we should quit being Goldilocks looking for the perfect conditions and get out surfing (unless conditions are too big or potentially dangerous).  When I leave the house to go surfing, I load my hp surf kayak, boogie board and swim fins, and whitewater playboat.  If the surf is not great, I have the playboat or boogie board to mess around with.  I feel great because I got out in the water and usually I catch a few fun waves too!
Surf Quiver
Quiver of Surf Toys - hp surf kayak, playboat, boogie board and fins.
If you are struggling with goals and New Year's Resolutions - don't give up!  Keep dreaming of the perfect plan (and perfect waves) but most importantly execute the good plan.
Bouncing and doing 360 spins on a wave is great fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment